James Stephen Swinehart, PhD Professorial Teaching Fellow in Chemistry and Senior Instructor
Education: PhD, Case Western Reserve University
Organic Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry, Chemical Education
- PhD Chemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- MPhil Chemistry, The Loyola College, Madras, India
- MSc Analytical Chemistry, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore, India
- BSc Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics, The Bangalore University, Bangalore, India
Awards and Fellowships
- 2016 J. Bruce Jackson M.D., Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring
- 2014, 2015, 2016 WISER Faculty Advisor of the Year Award
- 2013 Greek Life Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award
- 2012 John C. Hood Outstanding Faculty Award for outstanding education of youth and inspiration of maturity
- 2012 Roc for Doc, Outstanding Faculty Award by Mortar Board
- 2010 Carl F. Wittke Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education, Case Western Reserve University
- Nominated for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 Carl F. Wittke Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Case Western Reserve University
- 2009 University Center for Innovation in Teaching and Education learning fellow, Case Western Reserve University
- Srinivasan, R., Marchant R., Sengupta, A., “In-vitro and In-vivo targeting by cyclic-RGD modified liposomes”, In Press, J. Biomed. Mat. Res. Part A, (2010), 93A(3), 1004-1015.
- Srinivasan, R., Jones, E., Ghiso, J., Marchant, R., Zagorski, M. “pH Dependent Amyloid and Protofibrillar Formation of ABri Peptide Associated with Familial British Dementia”, J. Mol. Biol., (2003) 333, 1003-1023.
- Srinivasan, R., Marchant, R., Zagorski, M. “ABri Peptide Associated with Familial British Dementia forms Pore-like Protofibrillar Structure”, Amyloid: J. Protein Folding Disord., (2004) 11, 10-13.
- Srinivasan, R, V Srinivasan, Saradha Vasanth, R Hamsaveni Gopal. “The in vitro antibacterial activity of Hedyotis Umbellata”, Indian J. of Pharm. Sci., (2006) 68(2), 236-238.