Apply for our PhD and MS programs today!
Fall 2023 applications for our PhD and MS in Chemistry programs are currently closed. Please check back in for Fall 2024 admissions in early September.
The application information and link below are for admittance into the PhD or MS program. Applicants must hold a BA, BS, or MS degree by the date the program of study begins (late August). Please visit the School of Graduate Studies for more information on our graduate program, such as instructions on submitting an application and our application deadlines. For any additional questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $50 application fee. Students with financial need may apply for an application fee waiver.
For any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com.
Application Requirements for PhD and MS in Chemistry Programs
All of the following should be completed and submitted through the online application:
- Personal and Educational Information
- Personal Statement discussing your previous research experience and your motivation for obtaining an advanced degree. The personal statement should be 1 page in length
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Chemistry Supplemental to be filled out with your area of interest in Chemistry (i.e. Organic, Inorganic, Physical etc) and how you learned about our graduate program in Chemistry
- Recommendations: 3 evaluators total, sent electronically through the application portal
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded electronically into the application system. Please make sure uploaded unofficial transcripts are legible. Once offer is made by the department and applicant has accepted the offer, official transcripts and degree verification must be mailed to the School of Graduate Studies.
The GRE is not required for admission into our programs. If you do choose to share your exam scores, send them to our school code 1105.
*For International Applicants: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE is required. Scores should be sent to our school code 1105. International applicants cannot be admitted without receipt of an acceptable official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score.
Acceptable scores are: TOEFL: 90 or higher for iBT, 577 or higher for PBT. IELTS: 7.0 or higher. PTE: 61 or higher. The TOEFL, IELTS and PTE are valid for two years after the test date.
The language test requirement will be waived if you have completed a bachelors or masters degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction. See the School of Graduate Studies Language Score section for more information on waiving the requirement.
For additional resources, please visit the School of Graduate Studies.
Chemistry Entrepreneurship (MS STEP) Applicants
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- The GRE is required. There are no minimum GRE requirements, but we generally do not accept students who have scores below 152 (Verbal), 152 (Quantitative), and 3.5 (Writing) unless the student has excellent strengths in other areas.
- There are no minimum GPA requirements, as these greatly vary across the world.
- For International STEP candidates, the minimum TOEFL is 100.
- Minimum degree requirements: Students must have the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree in a field related to chemistry, including chemical engineering. Personal interviews via telephone and videoconferencing are required.
- PLEASE NOTIFY STEP DIRECTOR EDWARD CANER IF YOU PLAN TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM.
- Complete the online application and signify you are applying for the Entrepreneurship Track on the Chemistry Supplemental Page in the online application.
Please see the Science & Technology Entrepreneurship page for more information.